Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Easiest way to dismantle pallets?

wannabebulda
Growing in Experience

Easiest way to dismantle pallets?

Can someone help whats would be the easiest way to dismantle a pallet I cant afford $90..00 for the tool that yes would work well, ideas are all over youtube but some still need expensive tools that may only be used a couple times 

Bundaboy
Having an Impact

Pallet breaker (short version) fork

Dsci0004.jpg

Re: pallets

Hmmm I am new to this forum, at least in how to post things, I have one picture that seems to be postable (below) but the other not-so-much for some reason - if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated.

https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Gallery/Pallet-breaker-short-version/cns-p/30961

Dsci0004.jpg

Anyway, this is as easy as it gets, but in truth I added another section to the handle doubling it's length for extra leverage, but it was joined with a short section of the next size up tube that slipped over both sections with bolt holes so that it could be dismantled to fit in the boot - I would recommend doing that as some pallets need the extra leverage.

Edit: I should add that it doesn't get much simpler than this design, but it works well.

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Thanks so much @Bundaboy...
You posted as a link instead of uploading an in-field image, somehow.
Yep, I can see the extra leverage would be helpful if you're trying to rush through a dismantle on site. Archimedes had it right, what he said about the lever.
I reckon I can manage to weld that. If I can't I should probably go belly up, lol.
Now to convince hubby to let me stop for more pallets...
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

@Bundaboy
When you hit reply there should be a button underneath the text field that says upload images - is that what you did?
And thanks again!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Bundaboy,

I've moved your post on the Gallery of your pallet breaker to this discussion so it's in context. 

You don't need to go to the Gallery to post photos. As @Former Workshop member advised, just hit the reply button on a discussion thread and you'll have access to the full text editor, which includes the ability to add as many photos as you like to a post by hitting the Upload Images button. 

Hope that helps, please let me know anytime you need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
querencia
Building a Reputation

@Brad  thanks for posting these, very helpful.  

Tyro
Becoming a Leader

Hi Brad.  Thank you SO much for sharing this video!  He does such a good job (AND tidies up at the end! 😂).

I need to break apart alot of pallets and I was dreading it.  But 10 minutes a day I can do!  

Cheers! 😁🙏🏻👏🤗

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects