Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DeWalt DCN692M2 Framing Nailer review

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

DeWalt DCN692M2 Framing Nailer review

I picked up this framing nailer as an upgrade to my existing. I mostly use this for decking work.

20191027_100709.jpg

My previous nailer was cordless but required gas. After checking out some reviews and considering the ongoing conveniences and reduced running costs, I decided to go for this unique DeWalt 18V Brushless 2-speed nailer which doesn't require gas.

It's a solid unit and packs a punch. It effortlessly drives 75-90mm nails into treated pine. You gain decent control of the power of the shot and the required depth with different settings which is always handy. 

Fits easily between 400mm spaced joists.

The rapid fire mode is still quite easy to control. This can only really be made better on any nailer by reducing the overall weight.

I've only used it on one job so far but it's made a strong first impression. I have another deck to complete in the next two weeks so will get more of a feel for it.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
JP_Finlay
Having an Impact

Re: DeWalt DCN692M2 Framing Nailer review

Very interested to see the final review @ProjectPete  as I have first hand seen some inconsistent results from the DeWalt. Personally it feels so much bigger and heavier than the Pasloade but not having to pay a premium for the gas is a big plus in my book. 

Hoping to put it to use again this wknd @JP_Finlay  but need this wet weather in Perth to bugger off. I think with many conveniences, especially the earlier days in innovation, there are trade off and in this case, the size/weight could be it until the tech is proven and further developed (and there's competition).

----------
Handy and helpful

Hi folks,

I couldn't help but take note to what you were saying about the DeWalt framing nailer @ProjectPete I purchased a Ryobi nailer for myself for fathers day, I know it's not the DeWalt, or the extra cost of a DeWalt, but for what use it will get with me it's been awesome thus far.
As well as the fact that Bunnings is just up the road from me and if I have any issues I know the Ryobi rep visits my local store ever Wednesday and she is amazing.

Old-gal

Absolutely @Old-gal24 - it's important to get the tool (brand, size, shape, price) that suits you and your needs. Ryobi is a great value brand IMO but I do know they can't keep up with trade use. I actually still have a Ryobi C1 Brad Nailer that I picked up in an "emergency". Still works, but sometimes skips a nail. No biggie.

----------
Handy and helpful

With me it's a case of a  champagne taste on a beer budget...    :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects