Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. portable bike stand

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

D.I.Y. portable bike stand

254B7389-DE66-4093-9D5F-BCB0118E347B.jpeg

We recently had our council hard rubbish clean up so figured it was a good time to organise the storage under our stairs. Our biggest problem was all the bikes, scooters etc. I needed something that I could move the bikes easily when needing to access the storage behind them. So using some timber and bike hooks I bought from Bunnings I created this bike stand on castors. Can’t believe how easy it is now to store them away and move them. After measuring the heights, widths I needed and then cutting all the lengths I was able to knock it over in a day.

2E61E964-58BC-492A-B616-A012C877D079.jpeg8FF34AFF-D978-44D8-90F0-1A59E9B3F925.jpegB4557154-F83A-4B3E-950B-821BDD67BCBD.jpeg54000D53-764C-4E5E-8662-517EEC200083.jpeg559ED363-3898-4A5D-B23D-C216267AC67F.jpeg254B7389-DE66-4093-9D5F-BCB0118E347B.jpeg

Re: D.I.Y. portable bike stand

Hi @margaret1 and @Rapid,

Many thanks for joining the Workshop community. It's wonderful to see you both obviously inspired by Tara's creation and keen to replicate the project. I trust you now have everything you need thanks to Tara's fantastic plans she shared.

We're really pleased to have you join the community and look forward to seeing how your projects progress and what you can share in the future. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a home improvement or gardening project, or have something to post.

Please note that you can subscribe to any discussion on Workshop or even entire boards if you'd like to receive email alerts whenever there is a new post from another community member. Feel free to let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or you can check out our help pages at  workshop.com.au/t5/help/faqpage (also accessed via the menu on the top right of every screen - just click next to your username). 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
D-rocks
Just Starting Out

Can I please get information how to build this thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @D-rocks,

Welcome to Workshop.

The wonderful @Tara86 posted an informative step-by-step how-to on building this project on page 1 of this discussion - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/D-I-Y-portable-bike-stand/td-p/27968 - not sure if you missed it?

Please let us know if you have questions or a struggling with anything. I'm sure Tara and the rest of the helpful Workshop community would be more than happy to assist.

Thanks for joining in the discussion, we look forward to seeing how your own project progresses.

Jason

Dj84
Finding My Feet

Love the idea could I please get information how to build this thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Dj84,

As previously mentioned, the clever and creative @Tara86 has posted an informative step-by-step how-to on building this project on page 1 of this discussion - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Garage-and-Shed/D-I-Y-portable-bike-stand/td-p/27968. Please let us know if you have any questions after taking a look at what she has posted. I'm sure Tara and the rest of the helpful Workshop community would be more than happy to assist you with anything you need.

Welcome to the Workshop community. We are pleased to have you join us.

Jason

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@D-rocks @Dj84  thanks heaps! 

Had as a lot of members request an emailed copy of the plans. PM me your email address if you’d like me to send it through.

cheers

So generous of you Thank you! This is so clever! 

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop @LizDavila. I'm sure the wonderful @Tara86 appreciates the positive feedback. Let us know if you are planning on building your own!

Feel free to post on Workshop anytime you need assistance with a project around the house and garden, or have anything new to share. We have clever and creative members like Tara sharing inspiring projects and helpful information and advice on the site every day. We are pleased you could join us. 

Welcome,

Jason

HandyH
Growing in Experience

Hi there @Tara86

Just what I need to make room in our garage. Thank you so much for sharing.  Can't wait to get to make this

@Tara86, you're a champion! Thank you so much for sharing your build and plans with us all!

It's exactly what I've been needing to help tidy-up and minimise the space the bikes are taking up in my garage (leaving more space for workshop!). 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects