Workshop
Ask a question

Cutting down yakka trees in my backyard

DexterOz
Building a Reputation

Cutting down yakka trees in my backyard

I am planning to cut down yukka trees by myself image attached below. Since this one is second one i am planning to take down as the stump is a bit wide to be completed with handsaw so i am thinking of getting one reciprocating saw

electric one and pruning blade . Would this be ok and do the job.

Dont want to waste money on chain saw as it as no use after.

Stump at the middle is about 10cm which is easy even if i do it by the hand saw i got but problem is i am not able to get the stump off.

I do not plan to pull the roots out but thinking of using tree poision as pulling out roots it might damage the raised bed and fence so dont want to go that far.

YukkaTree.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cutting down yakka trees in my backyard

Hi DexterOz, 

A reciprocating saw and a pruning blade would certainly be helpful in removing the three trunks.   

I would advise cutting as much of the trunk away as possible. You can then drill holes into the base and fill those up with Yates 200ml Zero Weed Killer Super Concentrate 490

You should find this step-by-step tutorial helpful if you decide to remove the stump: How to remove tree stumps.

Please let us know if you need further information or if you had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DexterOz
Building a Reputation

Thanks @MitchellMc

I am lookign at Ozito or Ryobi would these pruning blade fit all pruning saw or they fit specific ones

Hi @DexterOz,

All reciprocating saws use a standard universal blade system. That pruning blade will fit in either of those saws.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects