Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cheapshed floorings

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

Cheapshed floorings

Hi

i am looking at purchasing a 3.7 x 3m shed and have been looking at flooring options and have come across these flooring kits, has anyone used one? or can i bolt a shed down to 600 x 600mm concrete pavers? concrete pad isnt really an option at the moment.

Thanks

https://www.cheapsheds.com.au/rebated-timber-floor-kit-for-easyshed-garden-sheds.html

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Cheapshed floorings

deck

That is the option I went with, steel flooring kit with Ekodeck. I could of rebated the edges if I also put a 45 mitre on the corners for the brackets. Upcoming project is a shade house and I will go treated pine base with Ekodeck top.

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

Thanks for the reply Brad, couple of questions where did you buy the steel frame kit? is the steel frame just sitting on the floor or is it secured somehow? same with the pine base will you be securing it to the ground somehow or just sitting it there?
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Here's the discussion thread where @Brad shared his garden shed project @Gezza87. It might assist while you wait for his reply.

Garden Shed - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor-Living/Garden-shed/td-p/13304

Good luck with your project.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Kit came from.

Floor Kit

Kit comes with holddown brackets, I used 6 of them with 4 being dynabolted into concrete and 2 having leveling feet fitted as the gap was larger than the bracket. If going on the ground you could stake it down. Video shows them cutting with snips, it was something I tried and failed so I went with my 18v metal cutting saw. I had enough leftovers to fix the back fence.

If you want to be more DIY.

Purlin

For the pine I am thinking I may have to use leveling feet as there is a slope on the yard from front to back so it might not look right just sitting on the pavers. I may have to use some dynabolts if it looks like it could move.

Gezza87
Cultivating a Following

Thanks for that now that is the sort of thing I am looking for.
Bundaboy
Having an Impact

Darn, no longer available

19C9D3A8-52A5-4769-A29C-DB50DCD3E9A1.jpeg

07E56332-9351-4BB8-B624-043B80D91417.jpeg

24A6C43B-E403-4410-A224-EB921E3E4C7F.jpeg

   

BD25F6CE-DDE3-4A2E-BFD5-4C8C401602A4.jpeg

B1C1ADD6-892A-4F2A-886D-A2CEF9AB9227.jpeg

  

Last year I had a shed built which was on a slope. They wanted to charge a fortune for flooring so did it myself. I got concrete pilings from Bunnings and then built a timber frame. I used plywood for the flooring and painted it to give it durability. Nice and solid. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great work @Caron. Many thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caron
Making a Splash

Thanks Jason - was well worth the effort. I was impressed with the options Bunnings had for shed flooring. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects