Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Board game table with flat screen inset

DungeonDweller
Growing in Experience

Board game table with flat screen inset

WHERE DA GAMER'S AT?

received_284248415979010.jpeg

Hey everyone. Thought I'd post a pic of my ISO WIP. It's going to be a board game table. The flat screen insert is so I can use digital maps in conjunction with Dungeons and Dragons campaigns. Building with Bunnings stuff only. I'll try and keep the posts coming as the project moves forward. 

Cheers - The DD.

Re: Board game table with flat screen inset

Game Table Part 3

Hey Dwellers!

Just a quick update with how the game table is coming along.

I made the decision yo try my hand at a lap joint?  Some of the other tables I've seen online didn't look too stable. I hope with what I've done it will be able to handle leaning and some weight on top.

20200805_171918.jpg

Thanks Dwellers!

Until next time.

DD - Cheers.

Heya @DungeonDweller,

This project has been really popular with the Bunnings Workshop community. Would you be able to share the final result?

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Awesome stuff @DungeonDweller , I'm fortunate to have a friend who also built their own table (that I'm constantly trying to buy from him). From memory it was a long build, but totally worth it. Also features boards that convert the table into a dining room table, mounted bottle openers, power points for every player, routed dice trays and side inserts for holding minitures, phones ect. The central television is protected via clear perspex so it can have figurines placed on it while the surrounding area is a nice black rolling mat. The television itself connects up to a laptop for maps to be placed on, some of the funnest D&D games I've played have been on this thing. 

19731848_10155555134071410_6635197687204895009_n.jpg

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Remarka6le 

Thanks for sharing, that table looks awesome. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects