Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best tool for cutting perspex?

Vadar
Just Starting Out

Best tool for cutting perspex?

what is the best tool to cut perspex?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: perspex

Great to see you make your first post @Vadar. Can I ask what you are using the perspex for? It might help community members suggest the best tool for the job.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We're pleased you could join us. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have a new project to share. I'm sure members will be more than happy to assist and provide information and inspiration for your projects. And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

If your talking flat sheets with straight cuts I would saw table saw followed by circular saw, jigsaw, bandsaw and multitool.

Curves I would think bandsaw, jigsaw or scroll saw would work.

For roofing profiles I have always used a circular saw.

Fine blades work best I have found.

Up cut bits in my router table have been used to cut slots and I will be making some acrylic tool box hold downs which will have a lip cut with a down cup bit.

MartyH
Amassing an Audience

Prof
Becoming a Leader

If you're using a circular saw to cut perspex, then you need to use a very fine toothed blade..otherwise it will crack..

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects