Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bargain on 10" DeWalt compound mitre saw

Henno
Having an Impact

Bargain on 10" DeWalt compound mitre saw

So I'm looking for a new compound mitre saw and I find this place Bigger Boyz Toys.com and they have the DeWalt 10" compound saw for $429. That's $70 less than Bunnings. I reckon if you're into doing the "lowest price guarantee" thingy you should really give this a hard look. I know I am! Beware though the fine print states that the price has to include taxes and charges. It still comes out $40 cheaper, then you get the 10% off - hopefully...

Bunnings
Customer Service
Customer Service

Re: Bargain on 10" DeWalt compound mitre saw

Thanks for your message. We have passed on the details of this product to our merchandise team for investigation. Our team is constantly working to monitor competitors to ensure that we have the widest range at low prices every day. 

If customers ever do happen to find a lower price on a stocked item, we will be happy to beat it by 10%. The price guarantee applies to any stocked item found in a store or on an online retailer in Australia. It applies where the other store’s final price, inclusive of delivery, taxes, fees and charges, is lower than our price.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Henno

I just checked both sites, & they are the same model:

http://www.bbta.com.au/dewalt-dw713-xe-1600w-compound-mitre-saw/

https://www.bunnings.com.au/dewalt-1600w-250mm-corded-compound-mitre-saw_p6260167

Be aware though, for those who will need the item freighted to them, that neither store offer an on site freight calculator, & I think it may dampened the bargain once freight costs are factored in.

@Bunnings, I negotiated a special order of a 7' Heavy Duty Aluminium Bailey ladder, to be told that it would cost $40 to deliver it to my home. When I got the call that it had arrived, I walked there, paid the balance, put it on my shoulder, & walked home with it on my shoulder, a total distance there & back of 5.3Km. ; )

Guys, once you add it to your cart it comes up with a TNT freight cost of $27.36. Add this to the cost and it still comes up trumps (this price includes GST). Look out Bunnings! You might just have to alter the price...
Henno
Having an Impact

As an addendum to my previous comments, I must state that I live in Cronulla and BBT are located in Albion Park which is about 1.5hrs drive from my place.
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Henno

From my experience with TNT, I'd be happy to forgo Bunnings' 10% discount offer, just to support TNT, they are that good.

If Bunnings still want to offer the 10% discount, & you need it delivered, hold out until they cave in & send it to you via TNT. ; )

There you go, competition is a good thing, when everybody wins.

JP_Finlay
Having an Impact

@Henno It is a great saw and I picked one up not that long ago when the price tag was only $399 at Bunnings. Not sure why they went up so much so quickly.

The only thing I was disappointed in was the fact that it did not come with a material clamp which I thought was strange for such an expensive saw. When I looked into purchasing one I was even more disappointed to find out that it was going to cost over $100 so I have not bothered as yet.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Dewalt style clamp

$90.35 aud if you ship to a pick up point.

Henno
Having an Impact

OK, so here's what I ended up doing. After finding out that I would have to fork out another $90 for a clamp I walked over the road to Sydney Tools and ordered a 10" Bosch Blue compound mitre saw that comes with a bonus stand for $499. I'm picking it up next week.
After all this research it certainly pays to wait that little bit longer to get the deal that suits you. I'm looking forward to giving it a good workout with some projects I have planned.
Thanks for all your comments and thoughts guys!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@JP_Finlay

It's unbelieveable that DeWalt would sell a mitre saw without a material clamp, when its purpose is to make it safer & to aid in making precise cuts.

@Henno

Well done with the Bosch Mitre Saw, it will be a real workhorse, & comes with a 3 year warrantee. What makes that special, is that the rest of the Bosch range on the same Sydney Tools listing, only have 1 year warrantees.

I assume that you were drawn to this listing with the FREE saw stand:

https://sydneytools.com.au/bosch-gcm-10-mx-1700w-255mm-10-mitre-saw-with-t1b-saw-stand

Here's the same one without the FREE saw stand.

https://sydneytools.com.au/bosch-gcm-10-mx-1700w-255mm-10-mitre-saw

Kinda deceptive advertising, but it's common practice, though it's not a problem, the saw is a lot more user friendly with a saw stand, & the one supplied is every bit as solid as the bells & whistles ones costing over $400 more. So well done.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects