Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Assembly and outfeed table

JustJim
Budding Contributor

Assembly and outfeed table

I was trying to sort out the layout for another tool mount for my tool wall but I didn't have enough flat space to lay out all the things I was trying to fit.

What I needed was a nice big flat table that would roll around and would be just the right height to double as an outfeed table for the table saw.

Let's go then!

Base.jpgA nice base/shelf, with some castors.

Clamped.jpgAn upside-down top being clamped up.

The framework of the top is the same size as the base with extra overlap for working space and clamping ability.

The legs are simply two lengths of the same 17mm plywood glued and screwed at right angles then glued & screwed inside the frame of the base.

The top then slips over the legs. They were a good snug fit, so I haven't fixed the top to the legs at all. Maybe I will have to do that later, but I can't think why at the moment.

AssemblyTable.jpgThe finished beast

Well, completed is probably a better word. It still needs a good sanding and probably a couple of coats of 50/50 linseed oil and turps.

OutfeedTable.jpgDoubles as an outfeed table

It lets me take the flimsy rear tray off my table saw and have a decent size outfeed table.

So, what do you think? Has anyone else made something similar?

Does anyone have any questions?

Stay safe,
Join your union,

Jim

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects