Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Assembled garage shelves using Flexi Storage

Qaseem
Getting Established

Assembled garage shelves using Flexi Storage

BeforeBeforeAfterAfterAfterAfter

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Assembled garage shelves using Flexi Storage

Great result @Qaseem! Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure this will be a popular post as our members are always looking to improve their storage in the garage and shed.

Wonderful to have you join the community. Let me extend a very warm welcome. We are looking forward to seeing your next project. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Taleya
Finding My Feet

What fixing screws did you use?   The stock flexi ones are....bad

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Taleya,

If you could let our helpful members know what type of wall you're fixing onto, they'll be able to identify some suitable fixings for you. If it were a masonry wall, as pictured, then these Stahl plug and drill kits are quite handy. I'd recommend you go for the 50mm kit.

You might like to post a picture of the stock Flexi ones, as I note that on their hang track, it suggests that fixings are not included. Were these fixings for mounting the hanging track to your wall or for screwing up through the shelf brackets into the bottom of the shelves?

You might like to also check out this helpful article: How to hang just about anything.

Mitchell

I was asking OP as they are very clearly installing on brickwork, same as I intend to. I would be using RAMSET units or possibly an alternate depending on what OP suggested from their position of experience  -  and the flexistorage fixings I mentioned are the ones sold by bunnings.  Yes I know those ones are plasterboard. But they were so bad (as were the shelf fixing screws) it has put me off using any of their fixings range.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Taleya 

Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass this on to our supplier. Using Ramset fixings is a good choice, I suggest having a look at the Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor - 4 Pack. These fixings work with brick, concrete and plaster board. It's rated to hold 32kg on solid substrate and 11kg on plaster board walls.   

If you have any other installation questions, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects