Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Absco garage build

Baggs
Having an Impact

Absco garage build

Hi All,

Thought someone might find thus helpful as there wasn't much info when I was looking into it. 

I havnt long finished building an Absco 6x6 garage from Bunnings.

It was one of the cheaper kits I found. Its probably not the best but I'd buy it again. For what it is it quite good. All the sheeting and flashing is all colourbond. The door are B&D plus it comes with all the paperwork foe the council with engineering and it's got an N2 rating.  The whole build was pretty straight forward. I did most of it myself and just needed an extra set of hands to lift a few things. 

Very happy with how it turned out.

Hope this helps someone. 

FB_IMG_1565767915438.jpg

FB_IMG_1565767919782.jpg

FB_IMG_1565767931182.jpg

FB_IMG_1565767936836.jpg

20190623_155050.jpg

Cheers 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Absco garage build

Looks fantastic @Baggs, many thanks for sharing your experience.  

Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in the shed!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
BIM_Engineer
Former Community Member

@BaggsNice Shed/Workshop
The cost of the shed from Bunnings is not a problem here

Absco Sheds 6.0 x 6.0 x 3.02m Double Garage

Nor is the cost of putting it up (airtasker  $800) ∼ Total $5K or $140m2... great value imo

I find  Battlers and punters would like the data/cost breakdowns on the total picture and with a recent carport concrete query here  Carport Concrete

They may see value in a off the plan preassembled shed but they may not in the other elements ie concrete slabs, stormwater,etc

From my experience, it follows if they have a problem with the inital (concrete) stages... sales dont follow . my2c

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

G'day @Baggs, nice to meet you mate :smile:

First off could I just say props for putting up some photos of what you did...there have been a number of posts in different forums that have been sometimes near a decade old; but the fact that the person took the time to put down that information helped me out immensely...I have a couple of times (to the ire of the despotic forum admin) resurrected a VERY dead thread just to say 'cheers mate, bet you would never have thought 'x' years later some weirdo called 'The Captain' would owe you a pint!'.
Awesome stuff mate, champion

@Baggs wrote:

...plus it comes with all the paperwork foe the council with engineering and it's got an N2 rating.

You sir have made my day.

Cheers

cheers mate. i try to post somewhere when i done something that i havnt found much info on as to try help the next person.

i didnt go into too much detail with this as i was in a hurry but might be enough info there for someone.

cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects