Workshop
Ask a question

Repairing a water-damaged bathroom cabinet

Juststarting
Growing in Experience

Repairing a water-damaged bathroom cabinet

Hi

i have never done anything DIY and the interior of my bathroom cabinet has rotted away. I have decided to try my hand at fixing it myself so I went out and bought some power tools to help, now I just have to figure out how to use them, gut the interior and replace it. I am concerned about getting the back wall off and really hope I don’t have to remove the whole bench top and sink but I feel I probably will need to. Fingers crossed it works

3E3ACF97-251F-45B1-A880-497473A05CF2.jpegD84C5D6A-AD49-448B-A899-CDDA4449E4E9.jpeg

Re: bathroom cabinet DIY

So I have run into a slight problem 😢 the first drill I bought was a hammer drill and did not undo/ do up screws, so back to Bunnings I went for a drill driver. Third trip back to Bunnings to figure out how to use drill bits from first drill with second drill, turns out I was turning the wrong part 🧐
However the pesky screws are rusted in so tight even the drill isn’t working and I can get them undone. Enter the easy out kit from Bunnings to remove the pesky screws only problem is it didn’t come with instructions and I have figured out how to use them.
Bathroom = 1
Me = 0
So to distract myself I started what I thought would be a quick easy flyscreen replacement as my dog had ripped the mesh, oh silly me !
3 hours later, lots of swearing, sweat, blood and tears 😭 I managed to do 1 side. I am leaving the other side until my poor arm and wrist muscles recover.

side project

Before mesh replaced right hand sideBefore mesh replaced right hand side

Have you seen this @Juststarting? - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diy-advice/home-improvement/windows/how-to-replace-flyscreen-mesh

I'll also add the video below.

If you let us know what you were having trouble with, then I'm sure a member would be happy to assist.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Juststarting
Growing in Experience

Hi Jason

Thank you for the video. I hadn’t seen that beforehand but I  have replaced the screen mesh in our sliding doors before, about 5 years ago. The front door was so hard as I can’t take it out and lay it flat. I have done the back sliding door for the second time yesterday and will work on finishing the front door this week. Then I am slowly going to fix up the other doors and windows damaged by our gorgeous dog 🐕 

thank you so much for all your help, it is truly appreciated

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects