Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would you do with this bathroom?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you do with this bathroom?

Here's the 50s-era bathroom that we inherited when purchasing our house. 

What would you do with it?

Jason

OldBathroom.jpg

OldBathroom1.jpg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: What would you do with this bathroom?

simpsons-fire.gif

But seriously, I'd be starting from scratch on that one @Jason

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We actually didn't do too much. We love it.

We replaced the floor tiles with some large format white tiles and did some waterproofing work first, including resealing the terrazzo in the shower. Then we replaced all the tapwear, and installed a new vanity and mirror. We also replaced the fan and lighting, including a pendant light over the bath. 

AfterBathroom1.JPG

AfterBathroom.JPG

I love it,,,, probably sam green as my tub, One of my friends had a flat in St Kilda, with the green layout, the bath had 4 pillars and canopy in marble, and the green pedestal sink and black and white tiles. was awesom, uncluttered.... but that was and era when we did acquire stuff. Loved the orignal and love the alterations..... wanna come and fix mine ???????
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason

Ah, the memories. I remember sharing the exact same colour bath, & terrattzo floored bathroom as a kid, but our bathroom had primrose tiles, with the black accent strip. We had a pedastal basin, & a shower curtain, so yours having a glass shower door, & a vanity cabinet, puts it in the $multiK/night, invitation only league. ; )

Nice job, but someone pinched your electric toothbrush.

I think it looks great

Thanks @Juststarting, we still love it!

Jason

twodogz
Growing in Experience

Love that you kept those old retro tiles. I actually loved those 1950s bathrooms & on the walls there would often be three or four porcelian or ceramic ducks flying south for the winter. I miss those ducks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @twodogz. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

I thought my grandma's onion and spatula tiles in the kitchen were the best things ever!

@Jason's retro refurb is quite charming. My bathroom has almost identical styling, and his project is full of inspiration. Do you have a project similar to this in the works? We'd love to hear all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration for them within the community, as our fabulous members contribute their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects