Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What bathroom heating do you have?

Alicia
Building a Reputation

What bathroom heating do you have?

In my house we've just got a really old radiant strip heater on the bathroom wall.  A bit like this but wall mounted:

heater.jpg

It works OK but I get a bit nervous using it as it's really old and it's easy to forget to turn off. I worry I might burn the house down one day!

Now it's getting colder in the mornings I'd love to replace it with something more modern. In-floor heating is not an option unfortunately.

What bathroom heating do you have and could recommend?

TIA for any ideas.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What bathroom heating do you have?

Hi @Alicia, I'm not a heat strip or electrical expert but that seems dangerous to me - I imagine the steam/condensation and the heat strip could be a bad combination...

The heat lights are a good option IMO. I don't have one but have sed one in holiday homes and they seem quite effective.

heatlight.jpg

Another thing to consider are heated towel racks - luxury :smile:

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MartyH
Amassing an Audience

We don't have any. If you've got the space you could just try wheeling in a column heater or a panel heater. They usually come with a timer these days so you could set it to come on before you get up. 

I'd suggest most people just have a ducted vent or if they are lucky enough to have hydronic then a hydronic radiator, which are a lovely heat. Both are whole of house options though...

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

I have one of the newer style radiant strip heaters, they have sealed elements unlike the traditional exposed wires that it replaced.

I have a heated towel rail and a heat lamp/light bulb. It's sufficient for my small bathroom.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Denise54.

Apologies for the slow reply, but I wanted to reach out and welcome you to the community. I trust you'll get loads of helpful advice, information and inspiration for your home improvement projects from our members. Please feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something new to share. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects