Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Using tile paint on a bathroom floor

kim00
Getting Established

Using tile paint on a bathroom floor

We are always trying to do things on a budget, sometimes it works, sometimes it goes over. But we love to do things to the house & as you all know it is never ending when you start.

I want to revamp my bathroom without replacing boring tiles. The white Knight video was all ok for the walls but I want to know will it work on the floor. I have a horrible sage green small square tile (20cm x 20cm) on the floor & its been there 20 odd years & it is so boring. So I would like to paint it. Will the White Knight Tile Paint work for the floor?? Also what would you seal it with so it wouldn't be slippery. Thanks

Re: Using tile paint on a bathroom floor

@kim00 An alternative that will save $$$ and is easy to DIY, is to use wood look vinyl planks on the bathroom floor (not suitable in the shower area - you can leave your existing tiles or replace tiles with a shower tray). Vinyl planks are super trendy right now too.
Creating a beautiful home on a budget
kim00
Getting Established

Thanks but no wouldn't use the vinyl planks was looking for only a tempory measure & a cheap way out. Thought tile paint would be the go. But will just have to save for the tiles.

kim00
Getting Established

Oh thanks will just have to save up first. Will just have to put up with what we have for a while longer.

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Hi Kim00,
Just to reassure you that you are making the right decision, no the tile paint will not hold up under trafficked loads. You will find it will only last until the first person walks in with some dirt or a stone lodged in their shoe, then it will scrape right off. Same as the wall tiles, if you were to take say a flat head screw driver, you would be able to quite easily scrape it off. Suitable for walls with no load but not for trafficked areas.

You'll thanks yourself in the long run.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Sa9
Just Starting Out

Thanks everyone for their comments sooo what about best paint for old wall tiles?

I have read all responses from my search, not by joining the convo and your responses have basically answered my question. Thank you all. Will learn how to join discussion group as I am learning to be tech savvy, independent and a little more confident. Thank you

We're all about building confidence, skills and knowledge here on Workshop @derosala_inc

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi! I had the same question about painting the tiles in my bathroom floor. Based on everyone’s responses, I will stay clear from painting but wanted to know more about your suggestion: wood look vinyl planks. Do you have any pictures or know of anyone that has done it. Can they be cut around corners of the bathroom. 

Welcome to the Workshop community @Patriciasmg.

We stock a great variety of vinyl planks which are easy to install and look fantastic. Here's a step-by-step D.I.Y. tutorial on How To Lay Vinyl Plank Flooring which you might find of assistance as it shows what they look like when laid. 

I trust you'll get loads of inspiration from our creative members for around your home and garden. If you ever need assistance or have something to share please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you! Hi everyone all the way from New York & Vermont even though I am from Spain. Love the site, learning tons. Best, Patricia

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects