Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sun Damaged Plasterboard and Painting

BloodHammer
Finding My Feet

Sun Damaged Plasterboard and Painting

Hi everyone

Longtime reader, first time poster

A few years back I had my laundry redone and new plasterboard put up and for a number of reasons i have not got around to painting it and now it is looking  sun damaged. Just after any tips on how to prep and paint the walls.

Have attached a photo trying to illustrate what i mean

20200410_121056.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sun Damaged Plasterboard and Painting

Hi @BloodHammer,

Great to see you make your first post after being a member for so long. We're looking forward to reading about more of your projects and plans. Don't hesitate to post anytime you need a hand.

Personally, I see no issue with going ahead and painting your walls using the same methods you would for freshly installed plasterboard. Good quality undercoat is obviously really important to ensure that your topcoats looks fantastic. I've attached a video below that might be helpful. Let me also tag the ever-helpful @Mathy for her thoughts. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

Re: Sun Damaged Plasterboard and Painting

Hi @BloodHammer - I’m late to the party. How are you going with this? @Jason has posted a very relevant video, and I agree - good quality primer, sealer, undercoat and then move on to your top coat. Have a look after one coat of primer and just check that the sun damage isn’t showing through. If it is, then do another coat. Hope this helps, do show us the end result, cheers Deb :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects