Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Micro Bubbles, the tech you need, but hardly known (in Australia)

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Micro Bubbles, the tech you need, but hardly known (in Australia)

I've recently been researching ways that would make cleaning our Boys (2 Miniature Collies) easier on my back, & Micro Bubble bathing came up. They basically infuse 5 micro sized air bubbles into the water, & it looks like milk. The extraordinary thing about it, is that the bubbles are so small, that they penetrate the skin pores & hair follicles, so they flush the grunge out without chemicals or detergents.

The crusher is they're expensive, so not an option for DIYer groomers.

I kept digging around & found that there are micro bubble showerheads available (on eBay) for humans to enjoy.

The thing is, they're only $100 to $250ish, or $1250 for a top of the range unit, & they have many benefits for us human folk. This is going to be hard to swallow, but imagine showering without soap/chemicals, enjoying deep cleansing of the skin, & avoiding any allergy concerns.

Miraculously, micro bubbles don't rise to the surface & burst, they linger long enough in suspension, to also clean the shower drains too. :shocked:

Putting all the pieces together, we've (in Australia) been kept in the dark about micro bubble tech, denied the benefits of chemical free showering/bathing, forced to endure scum build up in showers/cubicles, & had to suffer using toxic chemicals to clean grungy drains.

What are you waiting for BUNNINGS, put them on your shelves. :wink:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Micro Bubbles, the tech you need, but hardly known (in Australia)

Many thanks for the feedback @Andy_Mann. I will pass it onto the Bunnings merchandise team.

I will also be keen to hear from other Workshop community members if they have any experience or knowledge of micro bubbles. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Very interesting @Andy_Mann, many thanks for posting. I am keen to find out more.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jason & @Isobel, I think you'll be very impressed with how versatile & useful micro bubble tech is.

Frelle (Robotous Co Ltd) have been around for a while, & have a range of products for both bathroom & kitchen.

I think they'd be very happy to have an Australian distributorship, & can be contacted via www.tradekorea.com. I'd normally favour passing this info on to retail plumbing suppliers, but like all Australian importers, they're usually too lazy & only interested in supplying a very restricted range of mass market rubbish, & at massive profit.

To be blatantly honest, I'm not a fan of Bunnings' aggressive pricing, where they can afford to take a loss, long enough, to crush competitors & gain a monopoly. But, I can't imagine any other Australian suppliers willing to front up on promoting an unheard of product line, no matter how amazing it is, so I willingly to hand Bunnings the chance to bring this is exceptional tech to our shores.

My favourite from the Frelle inventory, is the Frelle Bubblin Kitchen Head, FK-B100 which can be attached to a hand shower line, or a bath spout, or a kitchen spout.

Check out the Kitchen handy type Cobra:

http://robotous.tradekorea.com/product/detail/P509173/Frelle-Bubblin-Kitchen-Head,-FK-B100.html?mini...

& also here:

http://www.medicm.com/Bubblin_K_Frelle_Bubblin_for--1306162_9346220.html

There are other brands available on eBay.com.au, but I feel that Frelle are legit, so they get my thumbs up.

Something else to note, is that massaging the micro bubbles on the skin/body/pet or dishes, is not neccessary, the minute bubbles do all the work. They massage, invigorate, cleanse & sokme skin conditions, just by trickling it over the body, or soaking in a bath.

Hope this helps.

@Andy_Mann I'm intrigued re micro bubble technology. Sounds wonderful for people with allergies plus a welcome gain for our pockets. I've read that since the end of WW2 up to the end of the twentieth century, there have been over NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND ( 900,000 ) new chemical compositions created. Don't know how accurate the source was but that scares me. Be terrific if we could cut out even a few. Thanks for sharing. Cheers

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Trying, yeh the proliferation of chemicals that've invaded our lives is a worry for sure, so it's nice if something can help reduce our chemical dependence.

Users commonly report that after showering/bathing with micro bubbles, their skin feels tingly clean & refreshed. I'll be particularly keen to see how I go showering with micro bubbles, as I have oily skin & soaps tend to aggressively strip the skin of oils, which for me, ends up that the body over compensates, & my face becomes oily again. :frustrated: My way around it at this stage has been to wash my face with hot water (which opens the pores), & not use soap at all. Interestingly, buried deep in one of the links that I posted, there's a baked on saucepan that was immersed in micro bubbles, & it came out clean. Try doing that with dish detergent. :wink:

I'm very excited about the whole micro bubble thing, so I'll buy (Tania was dubious, but has relented) a showerhead, but it'll be a slow process as things shipped from the Orient take time (a month minimum), but I'll let you all know how it goes.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

The update:

The micro bubble showerhead arrived yesterday, we've used it twice each & our opinions are divided.

Tania liked the feel of it as far as the shower stream felt, but didn't mention anything about the deep cleanse, the tingling skin, or if it made her feel more invigorated.

My assessment on using it, was that it was a complete fail. My first test run was to see if soaps, &/or shampoos weren't required. The timing was perfect, as I hadn't washed my hair for a couple of days (nothing new there), but even after an extended period under the micro bubble showerhead, it wasn't squeaky clean, not even close.

Am I put off of micro bubble tech, no, but I do not recommend this Frelle Micro bubble shower head.

It wasn't a big outlay to test something so promising, & I have my eye on another product that I'm willing to put to the test, so I'll push on & report what I find. :wink:

Here's a YouTube vid (see clowns at 02:47) that convinced me to have another go:

Lona Micro Bubble Shower (Full Version) ~ 35living.com

eBay purchase

Wish me luck. :wink:

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Latest update:

I discovered on further reading that for the best production of micro bubbles, the water needs to be fairly hot, hence my initial disappointment, as I prefer a mildly warm shower.

I gave it another shot yesterday with less cold added & it worked a whole lot better. That said, I'm not a fan of hot showers, so I'll continue to see how much cooler I can make it for it still to work well.

That must make the technology less useful for pet cleaning @Andy_Mann. I don't think you are supposed to bathe the dog in anything hotter than lukewarm water. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
rick_001
Just Starting Out

I have had the Mizsei microbubble shower head for a year now,  got it through indiegogo,  I paired it up.with a shower rail hiving me the choice of head to use,  love the microbubble head,  definitely is luxurious, definitely noticeable that you stay warmer after the shower, especially in winter,  I can't really talk about its ability to wash without soap etc, but I do feel it works, this model has a normal mode and a microbubble

16161937599907508984501951893837.jpg

fine spray mode,  I purchased only 1 and am.waiting for someone to retail it in Australia so.i can purchase another,  so yes,  please Bunnings,  pls retail this item

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects