Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for ideas for budget laundry reno

cthomas
Finding My Feet

Looking for ideas for budget laundry reno

Hi All,

Just looking for opinions/ideas for our Laundry on a budget. As this laundry also has a spare toilet (currently unused until we get the new toilet installed - we already have the toilet in storage and a plumber mate who can install it) we'd also like to make it suitable for a guest bathroom but still functional for laundry/space for our Kitty's litter tray/food etc

We were thinking of a bench the entire length, including over the toilet that would perhaps be on hinges where the toilet sits so it could be lifted when the toilet would be in use but definitely open to all other ideas.

Not sure if we will re-tile the floor at this stage but definitely like the look of large light greyish tiles to about halfway up the wall.

Any inspo/ideas are very welcome - i have been loving looking at what others have done in their space :smile:

117106489_596048554409767_8854645766786360734_n.jpg117160137_372141920456411_2736626755468584399_n.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for ideas for budget laundry reno

Hi @cthomas,

As I was mentioning earlier the layout I've put together is merely a guide.

Just to run through what you have mentioned, there is a 600mm base cab for the sink (I could change that for a 450mm cab, but I don't think you'll get a 450mm sink into it), your washing machine is in place next to it and I have an additional 450mm base cabinet next to that. Whether it's a 450mm base cabinet or linen chute is up to you.

On the original images you had 239cm as the width of the wall, so I recommended two 900mm wall cabs and the floating shelves in the middle. At the new measure of 210cm you would likely drop the 900 cabs down to 600mm instead.

In this design below I am using two Kaboodle 600mm Wall Cabinets and one Kaboodle 600mm Base Cabinet. There is a great selection of doors and finishes to choose from.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Looking for ideas for budget laundry reno

Hello @cthomas 

If we leave a gap of 100mm to allow for the vertical blinds to close and open then this would be the actual point of start of the laundry cabinets. To be more precise this would be the start of the laundry bench top. If we gave it less space the blinds will not have any space to gather once it is pulled aside to open. The cabinet line up has two finishing panels next to the washing machine. You could take those out to recover 36mm of space and make the line up more compact if you really need the space. I provided a 450mm linen hamper cabinet at the end as this is the minimum space required for the linen pull out mechanism ( see picture below ). The cabinets joined together have exceeded your 1700mm requirements due to the overhang of the bench tops. Please see the cabinet measurements below and see if you can manage with these sizes. I am guessing that you prefer more storage space than display space hence I've maxed out your wall cabinets and left you a smaller timber shelf other wise MitchellMc"s recommendation for smaller wall cabinets would work as well. If space is critical then your other option is to have a custom cabinet made at the start of the run. This will then give you exactly the 1700mm space your looking for. You just need to make sure that the sink you choose will fit. Have a look, have a think, and tell us how you wish to proceed. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

cthomas4.jpgcthomas5.jpgcthomas6.jpgScreenshot_2020-08-09 Kaboodle 2 x 35L Base Mount Laundry Hamper.png 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects