Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laundry reno (Iso project)

Jimi
Making a Splash

Laundry reno (Iso project)

AfterAfterBeforeBefore

After ripping out the old sink cupboard and wall tiles, I decided to utilise all space available in the Laundry to make it a productive and enjoyable space. From Bunnings I got the Flatpax cupboards, subway tiles and grout, whilst the bench top and shelves I utilised a local cabinet maker to match the bench tops with what I have in my study. The complete project cost approx $1300 (not including the washing machine upgrade) and my wife is loving the two laundry chutes.

Jimi
Making a Splash

Re: Laundry reno (Iso project)

@Katbru 

Hi Katbu, yes all cupboards top and bottom are from the Flatpax range at Bunnings. I changed the handles though to suit the handles throughout the rest of my house.

bruce93
Building a Reputation

Hi @Jimi.

Your laundry looks fantastic! We have a very similar setup to what you did have and would like to have a laundry very similar to your finished product just ours is only going to be 2700 long and yours looks a bit longer than that!
 Also your plumbing connections for the washing machine are they under the sink?
Thanks,
Bruce

Thanks @bruce93!

My benchtop is 3000 so it wont be much different. Yes the plumbing connections are under the sink therefore I just cut a hole through the side of the sink cabinetry to run the washing machine hoses.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bruce93.

It's fantastic to have you join us and great to see you've received a prompt response to your question from Jimi. We look forward to hearing more about your laundry reno and would encourage you to let us know if you have further questions or would like to share the project with the community. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration in the community, like Jimi's reno, for all the projects around your house and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bruce93
Building a Reputation

Thanks for that @Jimi  

Yeah we've worked out a plan now and our Benchtop will be 2100mm long...

Also were you happy with the quality of the flatpax. That's my only concern. I don't expect them to be as good as say a cabinet maker's from the price point but still want to make sure it's okay quality. 
Was also thinking of changing all the hinges to soft close.

Thanks,
Bruce

Hi @bruce93,

to be honest i also was a little concerned whether the Flatpax range would be good enough, and i also put a lot of thought in possibly using the Kaboodle range. In the end, I went for the Flatpax range and i am very happy with it. It is perfect for the Laundry and i think that with the accessories, it can look brilliant. The handles didnt do it for me nor suit my house, so i changed them. Tiling and benchtop made the project come together nicely and there is certainly no issue with the quality of the Flatpax range, if you really want to lift it, you can replace the standard hinges for soft closes etc.

bruce93
Building a Reputation

HI @Jimi 

Thanks for the response. It's exactly what I wanted to hear. We went and had a closer look at the flatpax range on display at our local bunnings and for the price we were pretty impressed. Like you have said it seems to be perfect for the laundry. Glad to hear you are happy with it. Just gives us a bit more confidence that for the price it is well worth it. Yeah they handles are actually identically to what we have just changed our kitchen handles too. My Fiance likes square finishes rather than rounded.

Yeah we plan on doing a timber benchtop with a similar style to subway tiles but throw in a few random blue/greys to break up the white and then being an electrician I'll put an LED strip under the above cabinetry.

I'll make sure I create a post and put up some pictures.

Cheers for the help and responses.

Ari
Having an Impact

@Jimi Just a late comment to say I LOVE those open timber shelves.  The thickness is very stylish.   

Ari

Hanna21
Just Starting Out

Love it @Jimi !!!! Such a wonderful and practical laundry!

How did you affix the shelves to the wall? 

Also what did you use to hold the floating shelves there?

Cheers :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Hanna21. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Hopefully, @Jimi will be able to answer your questions; otherwise, I'd also be happy to provide some generic techniques.

Do you have your own laundry reno on the horizon? I trust our members would love to hear all about it, so feel free to start a discussion and share it with us.

We look forward to hearing all about your plans around the house and garden and encourage you to let us know whenever you need a hand. You'll find a tonne of inspiration within the community as our creative members contribute their ideas here every day. Make sure you check out our Top 10 most popular laundry renovations for some more sensational projects. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects