Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is having a bath still desired in a 1 bathroom house or is this a thing of the past?

JoshRaf
Building a Reputation

Is having a bath still desired in a 1 bathroom house or is this a thing of the past?

Hi All,

I thought I'd get everyone’s opinions on whether or not people are still opting to have a bath tub in a 1 bathroom home. A bathtub would be a handy addition if you had a child but is this enough to justify taking up all that space in your only bathroom especially if you don’t have kids? Perhaps a double sink and a larger shower would be better if sharing this bathroom with other adults.

Please let me know what you think 

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Is having a bath still desired in a 1 bathroom house or is this a thing of the past?

Hi Josh,

From a resale point of view it's a good idea to include a bath..
Women generally like to have a bathroom with a tub particularly if there's children involved..
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is having a bath still desired in a 1 bathroom house or is this a thing of the past?

@JoshRaf

I trust Workshop members will have some great advice for you. You might also like to check out these previous Workshop discussions on this topic:

Could you live without a bath?

Dispensing with a bathtub

Hope that helps,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
greygardener
Becoming a Leader

I don't think there's any problem with not having a bath in one bedroom house - they are only really necessary in larger houses that would have children.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects