Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Installing Kinetic cistern valve

robyn1
Budding Browser

Installing Kinetic cistern valve

Help. The instructions are missing. How do I reduce the height shaft to fit in the toilet. This is a very urgent problem. IMG_20180331_115959.jpgIt looks like it needs to be cut, but that is very permanent. The nearest Bunnings is an hour away.

IMG_20180331_115941.jpg

It looks like it needs to be cut. 

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Re: Installing Kinetic cistern valve

@robyn1,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with your cistern. Hopefully one of our members with plumbing experience like @LePallet can assist. Or perhaps you could phone your local store if it is too far away to drive?

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand with your projects.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

JDE
Budding Contributor

Jason I think you will find the bit giving you grief is a flush outlet valve. If you google "adjusting hieght of kinetic single flush outlet valve" there are some you tubes , one by vivasanitary may help. Its been a long time and I am not a plumber but I had to trim the side adjust on the one I had (cant remember brand)
James
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Thanks for your input James (@JDE).

I will tag @robyn1 for you so she sees your post. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects