Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

En Suite Renovation

Bernie
Getting Established

En Suite Renovation

Hi Everyone,i have a semi En Suite that comprises a 900mm Vanity and a Bath Shower Combination.We would like to add a Toilet,1200mm Vanity and a 900mm x 1200mm Shower.The En Suite measurements are 3.0184 Metres x 1.829 Metres.Can you help with a possible layout please?

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: En Suite Renovation

@Bernie 

Is the door on the long side of the wall or the short side? Is it located on the left or right of that wall? Are there any windows?

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

You might also like to share a photo of what you currently have @Bernie. It will help members to see what you are working with. 

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Bernie
Getting Established

its on the long side of the wall

Bernie
Getting Established

The door is on the long side of the wall and there are no windows as there is a skylight

Bernie
Getting Established

Ensuite renovation

This is regarding my post an my ensuite.uploading photos 

IMG_20191104_095540.jpg

IMG_20191104_095528.jpg

IMG_20191104_095458.jpg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Bernie, Here are some lay out ideas for your en suite. 

My suggestions are :

1. Fully tiled bathroom. Do not use a shower kit set.

2. Plain glass shower panel to the tiled floor. This will make your bathroom look even bigger. Walk in showers are the best! ( just like a nice 5 star hotel! )

3. If the budget allows a wall hanging vanity instead of a floor mounted one. ( no more water damaged vanities )

4. Back to wall toilet suite so that cleaning will be much easier. Plus gives your bathroom a modern look and feel.

5. Believe it or not traditional hot and cold shower taps. You can use ceramic spindles if you wish, for that soft quarter turn convenience. Easier to maintain, diy product does not require plumber to fix and can be retro fitted to accept standard jumper valve type spindles.

6 A fixed shower head with hose. 90 percent of the time sliding showers self destruct. (the more moving parts, the more likely it breaks)

7. Tile insert shower waste! To complete the look!

Enjoy!

I prefer layout C myself. But it is your choice.I prefer layout C myself. But it is your choice.Pick one and send me a message and I will colour and tile it on for you when time permits.Pick one and send me a message and I will colour and tile it on for you when time permits.bernie3.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Bernie
Getting Established

Thanks for your input and your layouts,its very much appreciated.I love the lay out of C but I should of explained we are going to keep vanity/shower where the existing plumbing is .Having the sliding wardrobe at the opposite end where the existing bath is,limits the layout unfortunately.We are going to go with layout D,so it keeps in the existing plumbing.Looking forward to your drawings,thanks again!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects