Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Kermit
Amassing an Audience

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

I was having an (admittedly strange) conversation with a work colleague the other day and he said he brushed his teeth in the shower. I thought it very strange behaviour but he seemed surprised that everyone doesn't do it.

Workshop users - do you brush your teeth in the shower?

Jackson
Making a Splash

Re: Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

@Kermit - I think I'd get along really well with your colleague!

I brush my teeth in the shower, but only in the morning. I actually have three toothbrushes... one is kept in the shower for mornings, one is kept near the basin for nights and I have one at work for tooth brushing emergencies.

Join the multiple-toothbrush master race!

No. Ew @Jackson.

Where do you spit? Where does the toothbrush sit before and after brushing? Do you put the toothpaste on before or after you get in the shower? Why don’t any of the Colgate commercials take place in the shower? It’s a basin activity.

@Gwandalan_Tales - I've answered your questions below. I trust you'll find my answers compelling, possibly even life-changing.

Where do I spit?

I spit down the drain. I'm assuming that your basin has a similar receptacle in which you spit. All of the waste water ends up in the same place anyway...

Where does my toothbrush sit? When do I put the toothpaste on the brush?

I'll answer both of these questions at once. I have a toothbrush holder in my shower which holds my toothbrush and a second tube of toothpaste too. I apply the toothpaste to the brush once I'm in the shower.

Commercials?

I don't know about you but when I'm cooking I never use the recipe on the back of the box, or plate up my meals to look like the picture. Those are merely serving suggestions. I treat the Colgate ads the same way. Sure, you can brush your teeth at the basin... or you can improve on the serving suggestion and use an infinitely better method and brush your teeth in the shower. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

So @Jackson, you don't have double basins in your only bathroom? :shocked: :wink:

@Andy_Mann - you'd be hard pressed to find an inner city apartment with double basins, mate. How do you feel about brushing your teeth in the shower? I've said it before, it's not like you to sit on the fence.

stupidfish
Building a Reputation

So where do we "stand" on peeing in the shower - or is that a bridge too far?

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Jackson, GOTCHA!!! :cheeky:

Anyways, I worked on an inspiring comeback, but the cyber police vapourised it. :puzzled:

I took a deep breath & braced myself in readiness to recompile it, until I saw your Clint Eastwood GIF. Are you telling me you don't urinate in the shower, after blowing your trumpet about brushing your teeth & spitting in there? :shocked:

I'm disappointed in you, I mean, reeeeeally disappointed. There I was willing to learn from you, by incorporating dental hygiene into my time constrained daily strategy, that I thought I'd perfected over many years. Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame.

I'll now hold out on letting you know how I've thought through the process of brushing my teeth, eating lunch, & reading the paper in our dedicated WC, but you'll just wuss out, saying that inner city apartments only have dunnies in the bathroom. :cheeky: :wink:

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Add shaving in the shower to the no list unless there is exceptional circumstances.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects