Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Compact laundry

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Compact laundry

G'day Everyone,

A client recently asked me to draw her laundry to see if everything would fit and that it would look okay, even with both machines in such a small space. The space laid out is 1550 x 1360, using standard kaboodle flat pack cabinets it's possible to make it work. Although I believe some adjustments will have to be made to the base cabinets to make the sink fit. But other than that everything should be fine. A space of 610 mm has been allocated for the top loading washing machine which she was hesitant to part with ( nothing wrong with that, some people like their top loaders ). This is one of those times where space is at a premium and everything has to measured accurately to avoid mistakes on the build.

Cheers,

Redanna1.jpganna2.jpganna3.jpganna4.jpg

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Compact laundry

Hi Red (@redracer01),

Great job fitting that all in such a tight space and also keeping it functional! I trust the client was exceptionally happy with your design.

I'm sure it will provide inspiration to members as to what can be achieved in a very small space.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sadhana
Just Starting Out

How much will that cost approximately please 

Hello @sadhana 

It will cost approximately just a little over $1,000 cabinets, hinges, kick board and bench tops. This is on the provision that you use project panels for your bench tops and shelves. The laundry sink is separate and will cost around $259.00 but there are many choices to choose from. Good luck and stay safe.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Welcome to the Workshop community @sadhana.

It's great to have you join us and I'm pleased @redracer01 could answer your question. Do you have a compact laundry in which you might use this design?

We'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance with your project or if you have any questions. I trust you'll find loads of other inspiration within the community that complements this design as our creative members are contributing their ideas here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects