Workshop
Start a discussion

The Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cleaning tile grout

Dee-Cluttered
New Contributor

Re: cleaning tile grout

This is great, tilers should apply this when laying tiles is complete. If the grout has mould and stains and its not cleaned properly when you apply the shower plug, I assume you Seal the dirty grout? Is it coloured? Thanks Dee
Dee-Cluttered
New Contributor

Wow that's good to know! I'm a new business focused on home maintenance and cleaning etc. I Style homes for sale and phot shoots as well, this seems perfect. Just also would like to know is the 30 sec mould remover full on smelling bleach like exit mould? 

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Hi @Dee-Cluttered,

Just a quick tip for using the site. If you would like to ask another user a question, in your reply make sure you use the @ symbol to mention someone. A pop-up will come on the screen to give you some member names who have already been involved in the discussion, or you can start typing any member's name. If you use the @ mention feature, the member will receive an email notification alert about your question.

Thanks again for joining us on Workshop.

Jason

Show off your handiwork at the Workshop Gallery
Orby
New Contributor

Use Domestos. Fill an old tomato sauce squeeze bottle with it then run the tip of the bottle along your grout. Leave for about 10mins and use a grout brush/stiff brisle brush. I found one at bunnings, it is perfect. Has an adjustable handle so it’s not back breaking work. Don’t have a clear pic of it other than the one I’ve posted. It’s so easy my 9yr old wanted to help. We did this for a house my friend moved into.

Scrub along the grout and then rinse as normal with mop.

846F8289-50E7-4F9E-A6DE-09D6B8887775.jpegNeed I say more ?

AFB25F84-2610-44DB-887A-F728160CD4BF.jpeg

Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @Orby. And a big welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Thanks again,

Jason

Snowflakes

there are so many good options thanx
Community Manager Jason
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop @Snowflakes. It's great to have you join the community. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Please post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Welcome,

Jason

Highlighted
Tara86
Experienced Contributor

Our house is half tiles and the best thing I found are Magic Erasers ( With 3 kids this is the best invention) They disintegrate quickly but I buy mine online for cheap so always have plenty. It’s so worth It and has cut my cleaning time from 5-6 hrs with a scrubber to 1-2 hours with the magic eraser. Hot water and domestos is what I prefer to use.

Why join the Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects