Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cleaning tile grout

micsul
Growing in Experience

Cleaning tile grout

Sponge.jpg

Hi guys

Was reading up and trying to find a good product for cleaning grout in bathrooms and kitchen floor tiles.

The only thing l was able to come up with was Oxygen Bleach. Did a search and found that Bunnings dont sell that. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Looking forward to hearing from someone. Thank you.

Michael

Re: cleaning tile grout

This is great, tilers should apply this when laying tiles is complete. If the grout has mould and stains and its not cleaned properly when you apply the shower plug, I assume you Seal the dirty grout? Is it coloured? Thanks Dee

Wow that's good to know! I'm a new business focused on home maintenance and cleaning etc. I Style homes for sale and phot shoots as well, this seems perfect. Just also would like to know is the 30 sec mould remover full on smelling bleach like exit mould? 

Hi @Dee-Cluttered,

Just a quick tip for using the site. If you would like to ask another user a question, in your reply make sure you use the @ symbol to mention someone. A pop-up will come on the screen to give you some member names who have already been involved in the discussion, or you can start typing any member's name. If you use the @ mention feature, the member will receive an email notification alert about your question.

Thanks again for joining us on Workshop.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Orby
Getting Established

Use Domestos. Fill an old tomato sauce squeeze bottle with it then run the tip of the bottle along your grout. Leave for about 10mins and use a grout brush/stiff brisle brush. I found one at bunnings, it is perfect. Has an adjustable handle so it’s not back breaking work. Don’t have a clear pic of it other than the one I’ve posted. It’s so easy my 9yr old wanted to help. We did this for a house my friend moved into.

Scrub along the grout and then rinse as normal with mop.

Need I say more ?Need I say more ?

AFB25F84-2610-44DB-887A-F728160CD4BF.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion and sharing your experience @Orby. And a big welcome to the Workshop community. We're really pleased you could join us and look forward to reading more about your projects and plans.

Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. 

Thanks again,

Jason

there are so many good options thanx

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop @Snowflakes. It's great to have you join the community. We look forward to reading about your projects and plans. Please post whenever you need a hand or have something to share.

Welcome,

Jason

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

Our house is half tiles and the best thing I found are Magic Erasers ( With 3 kids this is the best invention) They disintegrate quickly but I buy mine online for cheap so always have plenty. It’s so worth It and has cut my cleaning time from 5-6 hrs with a scrubber to 1-2 hours with the magic eraser. Hot water and domestos is what I prefer to use.
stevo1
Getting Established

Re: Cleaning tile grout

Oxygen bleach is just nappy San, if it is black on the grout the mould has got inside the grout and it Whenbeedz replacing and then sealing.

The Davco premix stuff in the tile aisle is great. Orange slime is the mould on top and 50/50 white vinegar with water with a microfibre cloth regularly gets it easily. 

I am the Ezicleen Surface restoration and Protection man, have a look at our website. Bleach and Exit Mould type products are staining and corroding your tiles and shower glass. Once you get the grout all sorted the tiles and grout need to be sealed for low maintenance and we can restore your shower screen and protect with life time warranty.

Bleach is a bad thing on vitreous silica products.

To clean glass, Sunlight or morning fresh ( neutral pH) in cold water is best, rinse, squeegee and towel dry is what pro window cleaners use. Windex is bad on glass. Metho in a spray bottle with microfibre cloth gives the last polish.

IJAS
Getting Established

Hi Folks, I know of using bond crete as a sealer on a tiled bench top as but should work on tile floors as well for bonding and waterproofing. cheers 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects