Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can any tell me what this is and what it is this used for... please TU

Janina_G
Having an Impact

Can any tell me what this is and what it is this used for... please TU

After wasting some money renovating my bathroom....  I found a roll of what looks like colourbond perferated corragated iron with black rubbery loose backing....  Was told they were going to use for bathroom ceiling.   As they dissappeared before bathroom finished....   I would like to know what it is and what is could be used for.... please.  Bugga the photo has turned on its side....  Thanks if anyone can clue me in....:)

160706_2347 IRON CLADDING.jpg

John1
Having an Impact

Re: Can any tell me what this is and what it is this used for... please TU

We used that style of thing as filters for water dust extractors in spray booths and had one at a company I worked at about 20 years ago I'm not sure what it was made from but it lasted awhile and it came as you describe in rolls. 

The perforated holes allowed the water to wash through and therefore catching the overspray mist which settled into a large tank that ran the width of the booth and had no lid. We would clean it out on a regular basis I hatted getting into the tank using the spade to remove the sediment that was mud on the bottom of the tank then rolling up the filter and disposing of it in a dumpster.

If this is not it then it is identical.

You make the mess you clean it up.  

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@Janina_G

It's Acoustic Panel usually used when noise reduction is required.  I would say this is not suitable for wet areas as moisture can collect between the metal and insulation making ideal situations for rust.

Thanks @John1,   could be that,  but I will not be using it for that purpose,  Was told it was expensive,  so will try to find a use for it... :smile:   Janina

Thanks @darylhewston  will try to find somewhere to see how else I can use it...  Did do a search but nothing like it under accustic??  so will have to dig further...  Thanks for the response...

Janina

@Janina_G

Check out http://www.stramit.com.au/product-range/stramit%C2%AE-acoustic-panel-system.  This will give you an idea on how you could use it.  Different companies have different profiles.

Thank you @darylhewston  checked it out,  and looks so different to me....   I think maybe the black rubbery/plastic inbetween the colourbond section is there to protect the metal??  so seeing I am feeling so dumb  I did sent them a message to check....  If I can I will use it as a feature wall on the kitchen side of the bathroom.  with insulation in between ....  other than that I will get my thinkin cap and wear it...  after I measure exactly how much I have.....  of what fun.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects