Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bruce93's laundry reno

bruce93
Building a Reputation

Bruce93's laundry reno

20200810_174308.jpgHi Guys. 

My Fiance and I moved into our house at the end of the march. Have done a few small things such as replace some basins, and tapware and carpet.

Our first major reno is a laundry upgrade. 

We have taken a lot of inspiration from @Jimi 

Our current Laundry is below and next to where the photo is taken was a 900mm utlitity cupboard
109012549_212556210081388_8768630817004131772_n.jpg

Our drawing is below. I hope it makes sense. The only difference on the plan is the last 600mm cupboard and floating shelves are swapping so that the 600mm cupboard will be above the sink and the floating shelves will be above the washing machine. Just to clairfy the 600mm gap next to the broom cupboard will be for a dirty washing basket and wet washing basket storage. The other reason for this is that when we sell the house in a few years time it means the new buyers can see the house and see that there is a potential to have a dryer in the laundry. We keep ours in the Garage as we barely use it.
109120638_598599887761619_7146640494702110328_n.jpg

First Job was to relocate a light switch that was put in the incorrect position from when the house was built... Thankfully I'm an Electrician so this wasn't too bad. We have also built and put the 600mm broom cupboard in place.

109164863_2805468116368864_8360225753591651921_n (1).jpg

We will be getting a plumber in to relocate the water pipes to under the sink cabinet and this will involve cutting the wall sheeting away where the splashback will be going.

Our first question we are unsure about is can we get away with using Aquacheck plasterboard for the laundry seeing as it's not a true wet area or should we use cement sheeting. Also theres a big difference in price between the two.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bruce93's Laundry Reno

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Rana99. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @bruce93 so they are alerted to your kind feedback and to see if they can provide an answer to your question. I suspect they might have used the SpecRite golden oiled Acacia benchtop but I'm sure they will be able to clarify that for us.

Do you have a laundry renovation in the works? It would be great to follow along with your build and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or if you would like to share it with us. I trust you'll find plenty more inspiration just like this within the community as our fantastic members are posting their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bruce93
Building a Reputation

Re: Bruce93's Laundry Reno

Hi @Rana99 

@MitchellMc was very close with his guess for the benchtop. We actually used the Golen Acacia timber for our shelves above the washing machine. There's only one in the picture but we have since added another. 

We used a timber panel called Beech and it's available from bunnings. https://www.bunnings.com.au/2200-x-600-x-26mm-beech-laminated-panel_p8330041

We used a hardwax clear oil to protect it.

Hope this helps

Bruce

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects