Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best layout for laundry room?

michaelhenny
Just Starting Out

Best layout for laundry room?

What's the best layout for a laundry room that is about 2.2m x 1.6m? Ideally I would love a galley style laundry room. One side will have the washing machine, dryer and sink and the other side with floor to ceiling storage space.

The house is built in the early 60's and it's a brick veneer house with internal timber framing so I guess it should be easy to move things around. I'm also fairly sure that underneath the floor tiles, I have jarrah floorboards. Not sure if that information will make any difference

Edit - Turns out Bunnings actually created my ideal laundry room!

01_23_InspirationHouse_Laundry_After_1.png

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Best layout for laundry room

Glad to see you found some inspiration already @michaelhenny. It is a fantastic looking laundry. Do you still need a hand? If so, I'd recommend sharing some photos of your existing laundry and a little sketch of the layout so members can see what you are working with.

Welcome to Workshop. We trust you'll get loads of inspiration and advice for your projects from our amazing community members. Please feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share. We have helpful members sharing advice and inspiration on the site every day.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jtrude
Just Starting Out

Re: Best layout for laundry room?

Does anyone know what product that is to create the overhead shelves/cupboards..? thanks..

Hello @jtrude 

The timber is an FJ Merbau panel that's been cut down to fit the area. They cut it so that it would go under standard kaboodle wall cabinets and then they built the open shelves next to it using the same material. Below is the screen shot for the panel. There are similar panels in different sizes available at Bunnings but it all depends on what you need for your project.

Cheers,

Red

Screenshot_2020-07-01 2200 x 600 x 26mm Merbau FJ Laminated Panel.png

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jtrude.

It's fantastic to have you join us and great to see you get a prompt response from the knowledgable @redracer01. Were you thinking of renovating your own laundry space? We'd encourage you to let us know if you require any assistance or would like to share your project with the community and I trust you'll also find loads of inspiration from our creative members.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects