Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathtub needs replacing?

mattylara027
Cultivating a Following

Bathtub needs replacing?

Hi Workshop,

Looking for some advice over a bathtub that's developed some cracks (i think) over some time.

Bathtub overallBathtub overall

Bathtub BottomBathtub Bottom

Bathtub Close UpBathtub Close Up

Is it possible to seal the cracks up somehow? Or do i need to redo the whole bathtub?

I've run water over it a few times, and it seems to just flow right over it, but honestly, not too sure.

Any help would be great here :smile:

Thanks Workshop Community! :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bathtub needs replacing?

Hi again @mattylara027,

Any evidence of water damage in the bathroom? Are you able to get under the bath to have a look?

Let me tag the likes of @LePallet@MitchellM, and @redracer01 who might have some suggestions for you. 

The Bunnings D.I.Y. Advice on How to Waterproof a Bathtub might also come in handy if its necessary. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mattylara027
Cultivating a Following

Hi @Jason ,

No water damage that i can see externally. 

I can't get underneath the bathtub without actually taking it out... so don't want to do that just yet if i don't need to.

Thanks,

Matt

Update!
Finally decided to just do a simple water test to see if it was leaking. Current state is that it isn't!
In the future, I'll just take the old bathtub out and replace it, but as it works for the moment, we can still enjoy baths :smile:
Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects