Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom wall tiles need to be replaced only.. including shower.

PennyE
Just Starting Out

Bathroom wall tiles need to be replaced only.. including shower.

Is it ok to remove only wall tiles in the bathroom and replace them with new ones? I am concerned about waterproofing especially n the shower.

pennyE

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: can u help.. bathroom wall tiles need to be replaced only.. including shower.

Welcome @PennyE to the Workshop Community and thanks for your question.

You are correct that there is waterproofing under the tiles within the shower recess.

If you wish to attempt replacing the tiles there, then you need to pay attention to it.

Here's some helpful tutorials - How To Remove Tiles ,  How To Tile A Shower Base , Bathroom Tiling Tips 

If you a concerned about the waterproofing, perhaps have a professional quote for re-tiling the shower recess and then you may tile the rest yourself.

I'm sure our helpful Community members have their own thoughts which I look forward to hearing.

Mitchell

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bathroom wall tiles need to be replaced only.. including shower.

Hi @PennyE,

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. We trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for your projects from our wonderful members. Feel free to post anytime you need assistance with a project around the house and garden.  

The wonderful @gippslandhome might also like to contribute his thoughts to this discussion.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects