Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bathroom layout suggestion

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Bathroom layout suggestion

A young lady recently asked me for some ideas on how to layout her bathroom. It was a long room and it was divided in half with a wall right down the middle that divided the bathroom. The other section of the room was just used as storage and was not utilised properly. She also wanted to intigrate her laundry area in there as well. It was an ugainly room with her shower located  in another section of her house and she had no actual laundry to speak of. I suggested removing the middle wall and build a new one closer to the toilet. That wall is actualy just to support a two sided shower and house the plumbing utilities. Placed a few cabinets to house the washing machine and placed the shower next to it. The room now has good flow all the way to the vanity. All the space is used and is located in that one area. She was very happy with my suggestions and is making good progress in her renovation.

I strongly suggested to place a heavy duty ceiling extractor fan to get rid of moisture build up.I strongly suggested to place a heavy duty ceiling extractor fan to get rid of moisture build up.Actual location of toilet.Actual location of toilet.The shower wall need not be so high. It allows ambient light to pass at the top.The shower wall need not be so high. It allows ambient light to pass at the top.See how well the toilet is hidden by the shower wall.See how well the toilet is hidden by the shower wall.     

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bathroom layout suggestion

Fantastic work as always @redracer01. Many thanks for sharing. Hopefully we get to see the finished result!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects