Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

$500 Bunnings laundry reno

A3E92412-9D61-4CAF-A6DE-2793BAFF0861.jpeg

D49B31C4-1E7E-47D4-8E85-B9D33FB230DB.jpeg

Our laundry was pretty basic with just a standard trough and no storage. We wanted to make it more practical but had a very small budget. 
So we went to Bunnings and bought a large bench top, new sink, 2x cupboards and some beautiful tiles.  
It took us less than a day to put it all together, and the best part was it only cost us around $500 all up! 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: $500 Bunnings laundry reno

Thanks for joining in the discussion @Moomarg. We are looking forward to seeing what you can do with your laundry. Perhaps you might like to start a new discussion and share some photos of your laundry in its current state and you can record your renovation progress along the way. I'm sure our ever-helpful community members would be more than happy to provide advice along the way. 

Welcome to the community. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
agaffy
Finding My Feet

It looks great! Can I ask, did you relocate the taps to the washing machine or are they behind the shelves?

Thanks

amandagelmi70
Finding My Feet

Absolutely gorgeous. I could almost enjoy doing the laundry in a space like this 🙂

@amandagelmi70 Thanks! Haha it’s defiantly more enjoyable with extra bench space 🙌🏻 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

7E5C75BE-72F9-416B-B342-BD4EEB204AA5.png

@agaffy Thank you! Yep we left the taps etc where they were and I put the shelving unit over top (cut out some holes for the cords). Eventually we are going to hang a dryer there so figured we’d sort the taps out later if we need to. 

Great to see you make your first post after being a member for so long @amandagelmi70. Looking forward to you joining in the discussion more often in future! Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We are looking forward to reading all about your projects and plans. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for the pics @prettyliving. It looks fantastic! Well done!

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@agaffy Thank you 😊

jane_5
Getting Established

For $500 you have achieved an amazing result! Even for $1000 I think it would be fabulous, but 500 🙄  how??

You must be incredibly handy and useful around the house to do something this good on such a small budget. 
CHEERS to you. 

springa59
Just Starting Out

Can you tell me if you fitted the bench around your original trough or did you buy a bench with a trough in it?

Springa59

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects