Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair ceiling fan with slower than normal speed?

Agent86
Just Starting Out

How to repair ceiling fan with slower than normal speed?

Hi all,

We have Beacon / Lucci Air - Futura 122cm ceiling fans (https://www.beaconlighting.com.au/futura-122cm-fan-in-white) installed throughout our house.  They were installed in late 2015.  The ceiling fans have three speed settings (from 1 (fast) to 3 (slow)).

Recently, one of our ceiling fans has been operating extremely slowly (barely spinning) on the slowest setting (3). It operates normally on the two other settings (1 (fast) and 2 (medium)).

We typically only use this particular ceiling fan on the slowest setting as it is in our child's bedroom.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why one speed setting may be faulty and how we could rectify the issue. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair ceiling fan with slower than normal speed?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Agent86. It's marvelous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about ceiling fans.

It sounds to me that you'd need to have an electrician take a look at it to determine whether there is an issue with the electrical components. Alternatively you could contact the retailer or manufacturer to help assist in diagnosing whether this is a common issue with a simple solution. If this were one of our fans I'd contact the manufacturer and speak with their technical assistance team to try and resolve the issue.

If you can't get assistance from the manufacturer and it isn't a simple solution, you might like to utilise our Ceiling Fan Installation offer. It's a super simple process: You pre-purchase installation alongside your chosen fan, and an electrician will come out and replace the fan for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects