Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace diamond window security screen?

Linney51
Just Starting Out

How to replace diamond window security screen?

I see that there’s already a discussion in workshop community, about removing diamond security screens, by drilling out those rivet type fixtures, but I’m wondering, how to put them back into the window frame, once you’ve cleaned them. I’m not a handy person, although I do try to tackle some jobs by myself.

The bathroom renovation has been completed, but it’s now left dust almost everywhere, despite the cleaning done during the process.

Can you tell me how these diamond security window screens are replaced back in the window frame?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Diamond window security screen

Hi @Linney51,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you with us.

Would it be possible to uploads some images of the issue so our members can better understand the problem you're having and offer specific advice to assist?

If the security screens are still in their frame, it would likely be as simple as putting them back in place, lining up the holes and using a rivet gun with a suitably sized rivet to reattach them.

Let me know if you need some help uploading images, I am more than happy to assist.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects